1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained Keyword Replace by Waindigo 1.0.3b

Subject user-generated text to keyword replacement rules defined in your admin control panel.

1. Jon W

Jon W Waindigo Developer
    Staff Member

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Keyword Replace by Waindigo (version 1.0.0b) - Subject user-generated text to keyword replacement rules defined in your admin control panel.

Read more about this resource...

2. Rob

Rob Member

It's going to be good to see how this develops :)

Just to preempt some questions....
    You can define your keyword replacements via the admin area under admin -> options -> keyword replace (just under the censorship options)

3. Jon W

Jon W Waindigo Developer
    Staff Member

4. Like a Virgin, Touched for the very first time.

lost.my.virginity.jpg

And after basking in the glow for a moment, I'm prompted for requests, just minutes later for "Round2".

virgin.round.2.wandigo.jpg
    Keep 'em coming ?

5. Anyone have some HTML examples for me to insert ?
    :)

this worked.

<ul> <li>Coffee</li> <li>Milk</li> </ul>

Cool !

6. this would work for animated smilies ! :)

Suggestions:
    - enable "Mass importing of items".
    - populate Keyword Replace with some default items.
    - tabs or categories ?

7. craigiri

craigiri Guest

Hmm, so how about a calc on the replacement to a certain document and anchor....outside of XF?
    Or, even inside of it but that would have to be a carefully defined glossary...

Example of outside replacement......

Words - URL
    prefab - hearth.com/glossary/#prefab
    flue - hearth.com/glossary/#flue

The idea here would be to only have to put the base URL in once, as opposed to typing it for each word.

Does it already work this way? Or could it?

Or, have it use a JS popup or rollover with the definition!

8. I don't have any overlays ... how would that work ?
    Where can I get one as an example ?

9. craigiri.keyword.replace.jpg
    You just type your keyword and text replacement once ... then you just need the keyword in the post and the URL will be inserted once you save the post.

I think that might be the overlay option.

10. Rob

Rob Member

Overlay is what opens the contact form, member card and other things. You could use it for 'pages' depending on how the pages are coded.

11. Rob

Rob Member

Mass importing.... from what?
    default items.... well, every forum is different and these are so dead easy to set up. However, what default items do you suggest?
    Tabs or categories.... Can you elaborate as I dont understand..

12. I was wondering if you could make your own simple overlays, for say .. definitions, etc.

13. Jon W

Jon W Waindigo Developer
    Staff Member

I could certainly add this, but it is not available in the current version, except for internal links which open up in an overlay. Please message me if you are interested in adding any of these features and I will provide you with a cost estimate.

14. Jon W

Jon W Waindigo Developer
    Staff Member

I intend to make articles in the Library mod work in overlays so that you can link to these.

15. Rob

Rob Member

That would definitly be the best option :)

16. Suggestion: be able to delete keyword replace items.

People could make animated smiley sets, export them, and allow others to import them.

Some really cool HTML things. Make it easy for newbies to just copy and edit the HTML examples for their own needs.

So far it is one big list.
    That is going to become unwieldy over time !

17. Jon W

Jon W Waindigo Developer
    Staff Member

This is the same as with censoring. You should be able to remove by just deleting the word or phrase and then clicking save.

18. Rob

Rob Member

Animated smileys are easily possible using the smileys manager under xenforo.... why twist this into something when native support for animated smileys already exists? Weird if you ask me.

19. craigiri

craigiri Guest

I would pay for the add-on with these features or contribute towards the mods if 3 or 4 (or 10) others want the same thing.

DD, my idea with the "base url" would only require listing the words, not the URL. You'd list the url once, and from point on, the URL would match the base plus the word or term.

I guess for real value, it would have to have at least two word terms available....

examples:
    zero clearance = hearth.com/glossary/#zero_clearance
    clearance = hearth.com/glossary/#clearance
    combustibles = hearth.com/glossary/#combustibles

I've never previously thought of this entire feature - so it's really nice folks are thinking outside the box. I have a glossary, but the more I think about it, the small hover or overlay or pop-up (pulling in from that or a db) would be superior in most cases to folks having to navigate outside of the forum post.

My glossary is at:
    http://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/articles/glossary